Sunday, November 17, 2013
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Stan Sher of Dealer eTraining presents "How to Maximize Your Opportunities Using Call Monitoring" on 2/13/13 on a webinar for KPA.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Do you know what kind of population is in your area?
What is the crime rate where your dealership is located?
What is the percentage of households with college grads?
What areas have a high average household income and what areas have a low average income?
Right now, as you are reading this you are asking yourself “what the point to these questions is”.
Before we go any further, let me start out by saying that this is in no way meant to teach you to prejudge your customers. Please do not judge a book by its cover. However, consider using data to help you improve your field intelligence in terms of investing money in your adverting.
I have been spending some time working with a small dealer group over the last two months. This dealership is located in an interesting part of the state. On one hand you have a high crime rate area which is also the state capital while other parts of the county have towns with upper class households in some of the most prestigious areas in the country. While working with the OEM to consider lead quality and quantity we had discovered this interesting website called ZipSkinny.com. I had a chance to play around with it and compare zip codes. Based on the brands that this store sells and on the fact that there is a special finance department I was able to pinpoint where I want to put a heavy focus on special finance opportunities and where I wanted to place a heavy focus on customers with great credit who can buy the products that the store is selling.
This site is great for me as a consultant because when I start to build out a plan for every dealership that I consult I like to examine all data and analytics from closing ratios (OEM leads, third party, websites, etc) as well as how many leads come in. I also examine the quality of the sales staff and management to measure why deals are being missed in the dealership. A resource like zipskinny.com can help a dealer strategically plan out their spending to either cut or increase their budget strategically. This will also help to create customized processes for lead management. A customized book of word tracks, phone scripts, and business practices needs to be created to handle all of the situations that can be encountered in the dealership. This will upgrade the way your team performs and ultimately increase business opportunities.
Dealers and managers that are looking to learn about these and other similar strategies for managing and evolving their business development operations need to attend my workshop next week at the upcoming Digital Marketing Strategies Conference in Orlando, FL on January 5-7, 2013.
Friday, January 18, 2013
Wednesday February 13, 2013, 12:00pm Eastern Time
Learn how to implement and optimize call monitoring in your dealership.Attendees will learn the importance of having a call monitoring solution in the dealership that will help improve the way incoming phone calls are being handled. This session will focus on the following:
- How many calls to listen to per day
- What to look for in the calls
- Create weekly team training sessions reviewing calls
- Learn to improve phone processes based on monitoring results
- Create a positive team environment using these practices while building a stronger team
- Stan SherPresident ,Dealer eTrainingAs one of the top experts in automotive internet sales and business development today, Stan Sher has been training dealers best practices with regards to internet lead management, sales process, and business development process. He currently writes for numerous automotive dealer publications including automotiveinternetsales.com where he serves as the editor. In addition, Stan is a frequent speaker for the Greater New York Automotive Dealers Association as well as numerous industry conferences.